sun-bpel-engine not installed

Joachim Thux
Hello *,

good morning.

I am new to OpenESB and trying to get a test system up and running.

So I downloaded "OpenESB-Quickstart-Standalone-v305.zip", unpacked it and
configured a "Stand-alone" ESB Server. Next I entered a test program along a
Youtube tutorial. When trying to deploy I received a "Needed component
sun-bpel-engine  not installed on target server" (Message translated from
German).

Now I can't find that engine, neither in the Glassfish downloads, nor in the
Java-EE's.

I believe I am missing more libraries, but have no clue yet which one are
needed and where to find an installation guide.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

Hello Joachim

Thank you for your interest in OpenESB.
Please have a look on the document written by Pymma.
http://pymma.com/index.php/openesb/openesb-resources

Please start by the document 001 and 002 (as usual) you will set up your
OpenESB instance easily

The Youtube video relies on an old version

Best regards

Paul Perez Chief Architect
Pymma Consulting
--------------------------
Tel: +44 79 44 36 04 65

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

Hello Joachim

Thank you for your interest in OpenESB.
Please have a look on the document written by Pymma.
http://pymma.com/index.php/openesb/openesb-resources

Please start by the document 001 and 002 (as usual) you will set up your
OpenESB instance easily

The Youtube video relies on an old version

Best regards

Paul Perez Chief Architect
Pymma Consulting

-----
www.pymma.com
The best services on OpenESB

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

You should to download openesb-components.

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

Hi,  you need to deploy the bpel module that is supplied in the zip file to the server,  when you unpacked the zip,  you should have three directories one for the server,  one for the design tool,  the third dir holds the modules to deploy to the server.  If you can't get going drop me a mail and I'll help you get started.

Rgds
D Blackburn.

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

You should to download openesb-components.

Re: sun-bpel-engine not installed

Dear Joachim,
I hope you are doing well,

If I understood your problem properly, my suggestion is that you please try the following steps to download the OpenESB with inbuild glassfish server
and then there is no need to install the server separately.

Preferably it is for windows 32-bit system.
1. go to the site http://www.open-esb.net/
2. register yourself there and then download the  OpenESB version 2.3 is the version for the window.

image.png

 3. there is no need to install server separately.
4. while installing  OpenESB tick the glassfish server and it will install automatically.

How to make and run the first program in open ESB, please find the attached file.
 Feel free to contact for any query.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 2:40 PM Joachim Thux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello *,

good morning.

I am new to OpenESB and trying to get a test system up and running.

So I downloaded "OpenESB-Quickstart-Standalone-v305.zip", unpacked it and
configured a "Stand-alone" ESB Server. Next I entered a test program along a
Youtube tutorial. When trying to deploy I received a "Needed component
sun-bpel-engine  not installed on target server" (Message translated from
German).

Now I can't find that engine, neither in the Glassfish downloads, nor in the
Java-EE's.

I believe I am missing more libraries, but have no clue yet which one are
needed and where to find an installation guide.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

Thanks & Regards,