Quantcast

openESB on openkaraf

Zaki
Openesb BE and BC can run on openKaraf ?

Re: openESB on openkaraf

Hello Zaki,

OpenESB component follow Java Business Integration specification and not OSGI. At the first glance, I don't think it is possible to do it .

Best Regards

Re: openESB on openkaraf

Zaki
as far as I know ServiceMix is built upon both specs, JBI and OSGI. I think OpenESB support to cloud will not be achieved without OSGI.

is it possible to include OSGI support in OpenESB roadmap?

Re: openESB on openkaraf

Hi Zaki,

Some OpenESB components (SE and BC) are OSGI compliant !

Don't know if you have a particular component in mind, but if you want to know if component is OSGI compliant, just open component's package and look into MANIFEST.MF
If component is OSGI compliant, you should have entries's name starting with Bundle-*

It would be really useful to create a list of OSGI compliant components from OpenESB community !
(You can create a ticket in our JIRA ;-) )

RE: openESB on openkaraf

fredaabedi

Hello,
Most of the OpenESB JBI Components are OSGI Compliant. We specifically added OSGI support to them when migrating them to run in the Fuji project to run on the Felix and other OSGI compliant containers.

If you have a specific need, please let me know and we can help you.

Best regards,

Fred Aabedi
(626) 278-4085
[hidden email]
LogiCoy, Inc.
http://logicoy.com

Some OpenESB components (SE and BC) are OSGI compliant !

Don't know if you have a particular component in mind, but if you want to know if component is OSGI compliant, just open component's package and look into MANIFEST.MF
If component is OSGI compliant, you should have entries's name starting with Bundle-*

It would be really useful to create a list of OSGI compliant components from OpenESB community !
(You can create a ticket in our JIRA ;-) )

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/openESB-on-openkaraf-tp7580867p7580870.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML
Fred Aabedi fred.aabedi@logicoy.com skype: fred.aabedi phone: 626-278-4085 LogiCoy, Inc.

Re: openESB on openkaraf

Zaki
Hi David

Thanks for your support.

It's good that Some OpenESB BC and BE are OSGI compliant but what about run-time,  is it OSGI compliant?

Is there a document  describe how to make OpenESB components/runtime OSGI compliant?

BR,

Re: openESB on openkaraf

fredaabedi
Hi Zaki,
You would need to use the OpenESB JBI Components along with the Fuji Project runtime that is OSGI compliant and initially ran in Apache Felix. That runtime for the Fuji project has not been touched for a while and needs updates to work with the latest OpenESBJBI Component builds and will take some work.
Are you willing to contribute time and expertise to make it work?
Please contact me to discuss details....

Thanks,
Fred Aabedi
(626) 278-4085
fred.aabedi@logicoy.com