What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

12

What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

Hello All,

After the last events that impacted the community, what can we learn from the 4-5 last weeks.

1- Oracle did not kill the project (Thanks to Frank), however as expected, resources dedicated on Open-ESB have dramatically decrease. That can be seen on the WIKI especially for Fuji.
2 - Even if end customer are wondering about long term perspective, Open-ESB/Glassfish/Java CAPS is still considered as a good alternative for ESB/Integration project.
3 - I am surprise by the dynamism of this blog. Less posts are dealt by Sun/Oracle people but it seem that community is more involved in this forum.
4- I am not able to evaluate how bugs are fix but I found that the last V2.1 is still safe than the V2.2 (Thanks for your feedback)
5- In one of this last post, Frank wrote that he tried to organise a new project governance and a Road Map as well. I suppose it is a very difficult think to do. Frank could you tell us if some progress have been made. Lot of people are waiting a new road map (especially for Fuji bis).

This is the few comments wa have on Open-ESB community context. It would be nice  to get yours

Thanks for your feedback

Paul Perez
www.pymma.com

RE: What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

Frank Kieviet
Administrator
Hi Paul,

To answer your questions and comment on your observations:
> Thanks to Frank
You're giving me too much credit, but thanks nevertheless!

Indeed, OpenESB is of less commercial importance than it was for Sun, and
that's why you see that there are fewer Sun/Oracle engineers working on
OpenESB. To give Oracle credit where I believe it's due, despite the lesser
commercial importance for Oracle, Oracle has not cut off the funding
completely, but is trying to help the open source project to stand on its
own.

Making builds of the OpenESB sources is now transitioned into the Sustaining
group. It took some time to (re)invent the expertise needed for an automated
build. Pushing out the bits to downloads.java.net is another thing that is
taking some time to learn, but I'm expecting that by the end of next week
we'll see the fresh bits there.

> roadmap and governance
The governance document is there
(https://open-esb.dev.java.net/Governance.html). I've updated the roadmap
with what the plans currently are, but I'm hoping that other people in the
community will come up with concrete plans and ideas (and resource
commitments) on what to do next.

I've seen some people expressing interest in contributing, some of them
having very concrete plans to commit code. That is a hopeful sign.

Best,
Frank

Frank Kieviet
OpenESB Community Manager (http://open-esb.org)
Oracle, Monrovia, CA
Tel +1 626 471 6322
Blog: http://frankkieviet.blogspot.com/

HI Frank

Thanks for your reply. Sorry but I did not found the Page with the roadmap

www.pymma.com

Re: What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

David Latorre
2010/3/17 Paul Perez <[hidden email]>:

> HI Frank
>
> Thanks for your reply. Sorry but I did not found the Page with the roadmap
>
> regards
>
> Paul Perez
> www.pymma.com

Re: What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

David Latorre
Sorry for the double posting, I think I found a shortcut in gmail that
would be great, If I knew what I did.

I think this is the roadmap although I don't see anything 'interesting' there.

https://open-esb.dev.java.net/Roadmap.html

Frank's job is great but I think we shouldn't rely too much on
Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
project in the way of e.g, apache.

2010/3/30 David Latorre <[hidden email]>:

> 2010/3/17 Paul Perez <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> HI Frank
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. Sorry but I did not found the Page with the roadmap
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Paul Perez
>> www.pymma.com

RE: What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

Frank Kieviet
Administrator

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.
I totally agree!

Rohit Rai
Hi Guys,

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...
But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.
Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

Regards,
Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.
I totally agree!

Hi Rohit,

I'm glad to see you're back and I'm glad to see your enthusiasm! See inline for some comments / answers to your questions.

[...]

[fkieviet] Any distribution should work.

BTW, we also hope to have a period build by Oracle up and running this week, so you should see the WLMSE and HL7BC binary bits on the downloads page this week.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

[fkieviet] Customers who report issues to Oracle Support will be helped with fixes. These fixes will also be merged into the public CVS repository. There are also a few open-source-community committers (i.e. non-Oracle) who are looking at a few bugs and will hopefully check them in.

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

Fred Aabedi-2
Hello Rohit,

It's good to see to you back :-)
I would also like to offer our help to get things kick started back again.
I would like to get the latest HL7BC runtime/design time and associated components committed to Open Source.

Frank, if this is ok, we would be happy to do so and setup automated builds..., add testcases and maintain it. We are in the best position to do so, because we are the original author/developers of these components at Sun and now at LogiCoy. Please let me know if I can get access to the latest source or zip up and send me the latest code from your internal CVS, so we can get it updated on the Open Source CVS.

Rohit,
We are also interested in contributing to Fuji if there is a few others like you who are willing to contribute as well.

Thanks a lot,

Fred Aabedi

(626) 278-4085

[hidden email]

LogiCoy, Inc.

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:24:58 +0530
To: [hidden email]

Hi Guys,

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...
But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.
Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

Regards,
Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.
I totally agree!

Hello Frank,
Please see my previous reply.
You mention that the binary bits for the HL7BC will be on the download page.
Will the latest source for it be available too?

Thanks,

Fred Aabedi

(626) 278-4085

[hidden email]

LogiCoy, Inc.

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...

But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.

Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

[fkieviet] Any distribution should work.

BTW, we also hope to have a period build by Oracle up and running this week, so you should see the WLMSE and HL7BC binary bits on the downloads page this week.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

[fkieviet] Customers who report issues to Oracle Support will be helped with fixes. These fixes will also be merged into the public CVS repository. There are also a few open-source-community committers (i.e. non-Oracle) who are looking at a few bugs and will hopefully check them in.

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

Thanks a lot for the quick response Frank! :)

If you are having WLMSE and HL7 on downloads I won't put efforts on that and will turn my attention t oProject Fuji.

Can you help me on this one? Can you point me to or post any arch/tech/concept/plan docs that were written/ were being used by the Fuji team? Or else can you direct me to some Ex - Fuji guys who might be willing to help or guide?

Thanks again

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source

That sounds great Fred :)

I am happy to see someone interested in Fuji.

I am looking forward to some architecture/concept documents on Fuji . . .  Let us se how this goes!

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:24:58 +0530

To: [hidden email]

Hi Guys,

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...
But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.
Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

Regards,
Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.
I totally agree!

Hi Fred,

The sources are already in the public CVS repository. It's just the binary bits are not on the downloads page yet.

(As you remember from when you were at Sun, it's not that easy to spin a build and just copy the bits: the installers need to be built (one for JNLP and one for jars), and there's a staging server involved where the bits need to be copied onto through some Unix process. Since we have no longer access to the folks who authored the build, staging and publishing environment, it's taking some time to get this process figured out again. Hopefully that'll be done this week.)

Best,

Frank

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...

But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.

Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

[fkieviet] Any distribution should work.

BTW, we also hope to have a period build by Oracle up and running this week, so you should see the WLMSE and HL7BC binary bits on the downloads page this week.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

[fkieviet] Customers who report issues to Oracle Support will be helped with fixes. These fixes will also be merged into the public CVS repository. There are also a few open-source-community committers (i.e. non-Oracle) who are looking at a few bugs and will hopefully check them in.

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

Frank Kieviet-3

I would also like to offer our help to get things kick started back again.

I would like to get the latest HL7BC runtime/design time and associated components committed to Open Source.

[fkieviet] The sources are already in sync (see my other email - I'm repeating it here so that there's no confusion about it with anybody else)

Frank, if this is ok, we would be happy to do so and setup automated builds..., add testcases and maintain it. We are in the best position to do so, because we are the original author/developers of these components at Sun and now at LogiCoy.

[fkieviet] That's great! But hosting the downloads is not that simple (it requires a lot of bandwidth!), and Oracle has generously offered to keep hosting the downloads, so maybe we should keep them on downloads.java.net for the time being?

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:24:58 +0530
To: [hidden email]

Hi Guys,

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...

But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.

Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

All the documents should be on the Fuji site / wiki (nothing held back!). Andreas Egloff can tell you more if you have specific questions. He's no longer working on Fuji but is now working elsewhere in Oracle, but perhaps he's still willing to help out clarifying the vision of Fuji. You could send him an email (not sure if he's still monitoring the mailing list).

HTH,

Frank

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...

But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.

Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

[fkieviet] Any distribution should work.

BTW, we also hope to have a period build by Oracle up and running this week, so you should see the WLMSE and HL7BC binary bits on the downloads page this week.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

[fkieviet] Customers who report issues to Oracle Support will be helped with fixes. These fixes will also be merged into the public CVS repository. There are also a few open-source-community committers (i.e. non-Oracle) who are looking at a few bugs and will hopefully check them in.

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

Thanks a lot for this info!
Can you please confirm that both the Design time (NB Modules), and runtime HL7 BC code in the Open Source CVS is the latest and in sync with the internal CVS at Sun? I think since at one point this BC was going to be part of Healthcare Pack, all of the changes checked into the internal CVS may not have made it into the Open Source CVS.

Additionally, since the BCs are dependent on the QOS, can you please confirm that the QOS source is also in sync with those?

Thanks a lot,

Fred Aabedi

(626) 278-4085

[hidden email]

LogiCoy, Inc.

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.

RE: What is Open-ESB context after few weeks

Frank Kieviet
Administrator

Hi Fred,

I've personally merged all the runtime code into the public CVS, so I'm sure it's all there. I've not verified that the design time is there, but I've been told it's merged too. If you download the design time code and question if it has been merged, let me know asap.

Best,

Frank

I know!!! After a big big discussion on future of OpenESB I disappeared... Had many things going on personal fron and so was and still am quite tied up...

But I would like to start working on things right away in whatever time I get!

1. First task pending from us as a community is releasing "all" the components, specifically WLMSE and HL7BC. I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on this. Has anyone built these components.

Frank had updated earlier and told that the CVS repos are in sync so we should be able to check out the latest CVS and build from there. Can anyone tell me what linux distribution will be ideal for the build so I'll try to make a build and upload it somewhere so anyone can download and use it.

[fkieviet] Any distribution should work.

BTW, we also hope to have a period build by Oracle up and running this week, so you should see the WLMSE and HL7BC binary bits on the downloads page this week.

2. Also is anyone working on bug fixing 2.1? Are there any commitors outside sun/oracle. I understand no one from Oracle would be working on this now, or am I wrong? How should we work out the bug fixing plan and next release?

[fkieviet] Customers who report issues to Oracle Support will be helped with fixes. These fixes will also be merged into the public CVS repository. There are also a few open-source-community committers (i.e. non-Oracle) who are looking at a few bugs and will hopefully check them in.

3. Project Fuji had generated quite some interest and I personally and many others were more interested in seeing it come through. What is everyone's thought on this? Are there some tech docs/papers and other things to catch up with the concepts/insipirations/architecture etc behind Fuji. I would like to work on it and try to get it working. Last I saw there were 3 bugs pending to be fixed for the next milestone . .  . Is anyone interested in getting the next milestone out? Does anyone know ab out the long term plans for Fuji? I plan to start working on it and probably bring in existing open source components and cook up something, but will gladly work on anything anyone else is planning.

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source
> project in the way of e.g, apache.

I totally agree!

Paul Peters
Cool, very interested in taking Fuji further. Without it, things would just be ok.. but all the Fuji features make it great.

Let me know where i can help.

Take care
Paul

From: Frank.Kieviet

Hi Rohit,

> [...]

[fkieviet] There are no plans for Fuji from the Oracle side...

Regards,

Rohit

The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't rely too much on
> Sun/Oracle but start thinking of OpenESB as a 'real' open source

James Agnew
Hi all,

I'll chime in and say that the HL7 BC source builds successfully, and
is currently receiving a fair bit of attention from myself. I've
checked in a few performance and bug fixes, and have some new features
to check in soon. It'll be great once the automated builds are up, I'm
sure that'll help make new features easier to test.

I've actually never so much as seen the design time sources though.
Are these available anywhere public?

On, one other thing that occurs to me. Frank, since the merge with the
Sun internal source tree, I notice that the HL7 BC spits out frequent
error messages in the logs about being unable to find an MBean called
"sun.ihe.pixpdq/something" (quoting from memory here). I've traced
this down to MMUtil.java in the OJC wsdl4j project (iirc), and I'm
assuming that this MBean was something that was created for the Sun
PIX/PDQ component that was a part of the healthcare bundle.

Do you think it is likely that the source for this MBean will be
released? If not, maybe I'll see about silencing this warning.

Cheers,
James

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool, very interested in taking Fuji further. Without it, things would just
> be ok.. but all the Fuji features make it great.
>
> Let me know where i can help.
>
> Take care
> Paul
>
> From: Frank.Kieviet
>
> Hi Rohit,
>
> All the documents should be on the Fuji site / wiki (nothing held back!).
> Andreas Egloff can tell you more if you have specific questions. He's no
> longer working on Fuji but is now working elsewhere in Oracle, but perhaps
> he's still willing to help out clarifying the vision of Fuji. You could send
> him an email (not sure if he's still monitoring the mailing list).
>
> HTH,
> Frank
>

> ________________________________
>
> From: Rohit Rai
>
> Thanks a lot for the quick response Frank! :)
>

> If you are having WLMSE and HL7 on downloads I won't put efforts on that and
> will turn my attention t oProject Fuji.
>

> Can you help me on this one? Can you point me to or post any
> arch/tech/concept/plan docs that were written/ were being used by the Fuji
> team? Or else can you direct me to some Ex - Fuji guys who might be willing
> to help or guide?
>

> Thanks again
>

> Regards,
>

> Rohit
>

> The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without
> trials
> http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com
>

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Frank Kieviet <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Rohit,
>

> I'm glad to see you're back and I'm glad to see your enthusiasm! See inline
> for some comments / answers to your questions.
>

> Best,
>
> Frank
>

> Frank Kieviet
>
> OpenESB Community Manager (http://open-esb.org)
>
> Oracle, Monrovia, CA
>
> Tel +1 626 471 6322
>
> Blog: http://frankkieviet.blogspot.com/

I believe the design time netbeans wsdlextension.hl7 in Open Source is not synch'd with the latest from the Internal (part of 2.2 release). Can you please make sure it is and let me know when it's done?

I will make sure we will pickup the latest sources and build and run our testcases.... and make sure it all works...
I just saw a response from James too and I will respond to that on that thread since it's related.

Thanks,

Fred Aabedi

(626) 278-4085

[hidden email]