Using a password type sun-bpel-engine variable

Using a password type sun-bpel-engine variable

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Hi. Hope someone can help me
After creating a password type bpel-engine variable, I try to reference it
with ${VARIABLE_NAME}, but all I get is a string like "*******".
How can I reference a password variable within a bpel process (.bpel file)
to use its value for authentication?
Thanks in advance

Re: Using a password type sun-bpel-engine variable

Hello Aaron

I hope you are well and enjoy OpenESB.

What you want to use is defined in OpenESB as an application Variable. The principle is easy. During the BPEL development, on one side,  you define a string whose contains a value starting by ${ and finishing by } ex: ${MyPassword}. You can create it in the BPEL Mapper as a String. On the other side, Open the OpenESB console (http://localhost:4848) go to components -->  sun-bpel-binding --> Application Variables. Click on "Add" and create your Application Variable.

At the runtime BPEL engine will replace ${MyPASSWORD} by Mypw

Please let us know if this email was useful

Best regards

Pymma Support

www.pymma.com

Best regards

Paul Perez Chief Architect

Pymma Consulting

--------------------------

Tel: +44 79 44 36 04 65

Skype ID : polperez

How can I reference a password variable within a bpel process (.bpel file) to use its value for authentication?

Thanks in advance

Re: Using a password type sun-bpel-engine variable

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Merci beaucoup, Paul
That solution works fine, but for security reasons, I wanted to avoid saving
my password as clear string. Is it possible to use the password type and
reference it within .bpel file?
<http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/file/t395870/image_001.png>

Re: Using a password type sun-bpel-engine variable

support
Pas de quoi Aaron

Yes in that case, I suggest you create a service to get your password.
Then inject your password through the BPEL Mapper

Let me know if it is convenient for you?

Best regards

Pymma Support
www.pymma.com