Quantcast

Tutorials on database -> database migrations

Tutorials on database -> database migrations

dsmith_au
Hi All - first time post,

Thanks for your time in reading this. I am looking for lessons/tutorials/learnings/anything on how to use OpenESB for database platform migrations.

I am a new user trying to teach myself both BPEL and OpenESB over the last week or so now.

I have eventually managed to configure the standalone version of OpenESB to connect to a MySQL database (finally!!) via JNDI - and eventually worked out that the stand alone version doesn't allow sub contexting (arrggghh!!). Thank you David Brassely - you eventually saved my sanity!

I have created a simple table called

users(id  int,
     firstname      text,
     surname       text,
     address         text)

and another identical table called users2. I am using this as a simple learning test case to teach myself BPEL & OpenESB.

Is there something out there that will show me how to put together a process that will copy the data from one table to another with no transformation. I realise this is extremely simplistic, but I am trying to keep things simple at the moment to understand the process rather than creating something that is "elegant". Once I have mastered that - obviously I would expand on that.

I have read the "Hello World" example and that seemed straight forward enough, but now I am trying to do this with databases.

Is there something around that I could read with out having to read a 3000 page book - or does someone have an example that I could follow? I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

Darren

Re: Tutorials on database -> database migrations

Hello Daren,
Congratulations for using OpenESB and being successful in connecting MSSQL. I would be very happy if a 3000 page book on OE would exist, but alas it is not the case for the moment.
I would heartily advise you to manage all the tutorial you can read on the OpenESB web site. You will learn how to use JMS or File binding components.
However, you MUST be aware that OpenESB has been designed to design and implement integration of service and not fiddling with databases.

RE: Tutorials on database -> database migrations

vishnu.piskala

Hello Daren

You can find information about Database Binding Component with few examples here: http://www.logicoy.com/wikilogicoy/Wiki.jsp@page=DatabaseBC.html

Regards

Vishnu

[...]

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Tutorials-on-database-database-migrations-tp7581042.html

To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML