Quantcast

SOA formatting and message standard (Concept)

SOA formatting and message standard (Concept)

f3riyanto
Dear Open ESB Comunity,

I have some question according to binding component for JSON and TCP/IP for (ISO8583 or raw message format like fixed length format). Will this messaging format will be supported by open ESB in later version?

Does all request and messaging in a ESB must be in/only SOAP format?
Because in fact ESB will be use to intermediate an application to one or more legacy system with different protocol dan message format.

Thanks in advance for your help and information

Ferry

Re: SOA formatting and message standard (Concept)

Hi Ferry,

Messaging inside OpenESB is based on pure XML (a JBI wrapper), this is the core part of the runtime.
On the binding component side, you can use any format you want but you may be able to transform your specific format from / to XML.

This is already done for some components like rest-BC (with JSON) and other components.
For sure, if your format is really specific you can construct your own binding component which will be useful to transform datas.

I hope this answer is convenient for you.
You can contact me if you need any help.

Re: SOA formatting and message standard (Concept)

f3riyanto
Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I think I get the point, what I need to do is create my own binding component to adapt the specific message format.

Thanks
Ferry