Quantcast

Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

123

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
I would think that Akshay does not care as long as it works, but mine is nightly from maybe a year ago that calls itself  3.0.0 build 9.

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Please beware that it is not the OpenESB Standalone edition that fails, it is the HTTP binding component. Both have completely separate build environments and versions.

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Yes Stefan I know.

I was asking which build of Https we should try and from where we get it to download.

Akshay

There used to be an OpenESB project's jeninks server at http://build.open-esb.net:8080/jenkins/view/openesb-components/ that had old revisions available. David can most likely explain where that has gone...

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Hello David,

Where I can find the build to download. Would you please help.

Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
I have no idea if that works but I've bzipped the working binding component and attached it to this post in 5MB chunks:

httpbc-installer-3.001
httpbc-installer-3.002
httpbc-installer-3.003

Reassemble and extract them and you should have a working HTTP binding component.

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Hello Stefan,

What kind of files are this ? Do i need to change the extension ? They have extension as File.

Regards,
Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Extract them to your desktop and you end up with three files called httpbc-installer-3.001, httpbc-installer-3.002 and httpbc-installer-3.003. Open httpbc-installer-3.001 with your favorite ZIP tool and it should recognize httpbc-installer-3.002 and httpbc-installer-3.003 as additional parts. Depending on the tool in use, it will then extract httpbc-installer-3.jar or just httpbc-installer-3. If the extension is missing, simply add .jar and you should end up with a binding component you can install via OpenESB SE admin console.

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Hello Stefan,

This is what I get after downloading the files and opening with 7 Zip utility.

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Yes, and as you can see in my post above, you now just rename it to httpbc-installer-3.jar and deploy it as JBI component and you're fine.

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
OK, Now I will install and share the results with you.. Hope this time it will work.

Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Fantastic Stefan, configuration is working now and I am able to call application using HTTPS. So it is confirmed that problem is with Http BC component in OEESB 3.0.5

Thanks for your great help.

Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Great to hear. Could you do me a favor and mark your original post as [SOLVED]?

@David: we should replace the binding component in the download archives to avoid the problem and next would be to find out why the current git revision hangs on SSL handshake...

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Hello Guys

Good Job for every one .
Nice to see such collaboration

Now Akshay, I think you cannot avoid the writing of a SSL Guide for OpenESB ;-) .  We are all expecting step by step guide on that topic we could had on the documentation.

This effort must be shared.

 Good work and enjoy OpenESB

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Sure Stefan I will do it.

But just a question, there is lot version difference between Http BC in OESE 3.0.5 (2.3.4) and then one which you gave me (3.0.4 SNAPSHOT).

So shall we start using this latest one BC for HTTP which you provided?
Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay
Hello Paul,

Yes, I will create the step by step documentation right from creating SSL till the deployment of it and then creating BPEL + CA with complete use case scenario. Hope this much is fine with you.

I will share it very soon. :)

Regards,
Akshay

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Don't bother about OpenESB version numbering which has been hard to understand since I entered the arena in 2009. I think the BC I posted is a good compromize between being fairly up-to-date while still working. And it gives you time to wait for fixes to the latest revision. Of course you're advised to do thorough testing what ever you decide to do. ;-)

Cheers
 Stefan

Re: Problem with SSL in OpenESB 3.0.5 SE

Akshay

What you could do will be welcome

Don't forget your advertising and add your picture and bio on the document  ;-)

123