Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Matthew Howlett

Hello,

Is there a way to populate a variable in an open-ESB 2.0 BPEL with a value from within an external XML file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Sébastien Stormacq
Hello Matt,

You can use the FileBC to read / write from a file in a BPEL

Cheers

Seb
---
Sébastien Stormacq
Senior Software Architect
GSS Software Practice,
Sun Microsystems Luxembourg

On 02 Sep 2008, at 17:11, Matthew Howlett wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to populate a variable in an open-ESB 2.0 BPEL with a value from within an external XML file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

jbaragry
Hi Seb,

Unless something has changed, inbound FileBC can only be used to trigger a process. It can't be used to explicitly go out and read a named file. (although the feature has been requested a few times).

rgds
Jason

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Sébastien Stormacq <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Matt,

You can use the FileBC to read / write from a file in a BPEL

Cheers

Seb
---
Sébastien Stormacq
Senior Software Architect
GSS Software Practice,
Sun Microsystems Luxembourg

On 02 Sep 2008, at 17:11, Matthew Howlett wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to populate a variable in an open-ESB 2.0 BPEL with a value from within an external XML file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

SherryWeng
Actually, we are adding this capability in the File BC for GF ESB. We
call it "solicited read", which means that a file read action can be
explicitly configured in the WSDL and invoked from the BPEL process.
We will put tutorials/examples on the File BC wiki page once the feature
is completed.

Regards

Sherry Weng

Open ESB Community