Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Matthew Howlett

Hello,

Is there a way to populate a variable in an open-ESB 2.0 BPEL with a value from within an external XML file?  I’m trying to do it using xquery with:

<from><query">for $x in doc("settings.xml")/settings/address

                        return data($x)</query></from>

as part of an assign operation.

Currently when I try to deploy my composite application I get the error message “Exception while parsing the expression” and then the above query.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Populating a BPEL variable from an external XML file

Murali Pottlapelli
There is no facility to read file directly from BP, you need to use File BC.

Regards
Murali