Quantcast

OpenESB as an Option

AshutoshSingh
Dear Community Members,

I have been studying OpenESB since December 2015 and I have become a great admirer of it. I work in a software company which works in very specialized domains and products. We as an organization comes across multiple deals where customer wants to implement the software which we are specialized in but they don't want to invest huge amount on the costly middleware tools. I feel that OpenESB can fill this gap.

I have done some evaluation and found that OpenESB can resolve many concerns and help us to close deals. Please let me know if below points on my analysis are correct.

1. OpenESB binaries and other artifacts are Open Source and available on www.open-esb.net and can be utilized for development and deployment for any integration requirement. Since this is under CDDL, there will not be any license required to deploy it on production environment for any customer.

2. OpenESB standalone server is capable of working in production environment of any organization. It has all features expected on any enterprise level servers like logging, security, memory management, deployment descriptors etc.

3. OpenESB has many partners available to support integration developed in openesb, customers can get in touch with the partners and discuss the support and maintenance cost (obviously this can't be free) .

4. Since the whole purpose of using OpenESB as middleware to reduce cost of development and maintenance, assuming partner's and promoter's maintenance and support cost will be significantly less than what licensed middleware product companies have today.

5. If customers want, they can also opt for partner specific enhanced servers, frameworks, plugins which will work seamlessly with the integrations developed in OpenESB.

It will be also great if you can share some success stories with some stats in terms of volume OpenESB standalone has been able to support.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

RE: OpenESB as an Option

param.singh
Thanks for evaluating OpenESB. We welcome you in our ESB community.

Yes your points are very much correct in licensing , production deployments and OpenESB  support perspective.

For few success stories example, You can see our white papers

Param

[...]

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/OpenESB-as-an-Option-tp7581219.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML
Param
Logicoy Inc.

RE: OpenESB as an Option

AshutoshSingh

Thanks Param. Do you know if logicoy has customers running on OpenESB SE edition available on open-esb.net?

If yes, what is the volume of their transactions approximately?

Thanks,

Ashutosh

[...]

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/OpenESB-as-an-Option-tp7581219p7581220.html

To unsubscribe from OpenESB as an Option, click here.
NAML

RE: OpenESB as an Option

param.singh
Yes we do have the Customers running OpenESB SE edition in production. There transaction volume I am not sure, Will ask support team and get back to you ASAP.

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/OpenESB-as-an-Option-tp7581219p7581221.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML
Param
Logicoy Inc.

Re: OpenESB as an Option

Hello Ashutosh

My name is Paul Perez, I’m one of OpenESB community leader and OE architect. First I would like to thank you for your interest on OpenESB and the time you take to evaluate the product.
Let me reply to your comment first.

1- Yes, you can use OpenESB Community Edition which is under CDDL license on the web site Open-esb.net. You can deploy it on your customer site on production.

2- OpenESB is very scalable and reliable and can be used as an integration platform at the enterprise level whatever the size of your organisation. Nevertheless, I would be less affirmative regarding the monitoring tools. OpenESB Community Edition proposes many API and JMX Access you can use to monitor the platform. So you can use them to develop your monitoring tool or ask a partner to develop it for you. Regarding the security, the binding component have many security features, but to improve your security, we advise our customers to put OpenESB in a DMZ and free the developers and integrators from a part of security concerns. Nevertheless, if your security is critical, we would advise you to do a security audit. Just a reminder to tell you that security issues mainly come from internal entities.

3- Yes, you have partners available to support you in development, production, security, improvement. Logicoy where Param works is one of them. I working for Pymma which one of the main contributor on the project in term of code, documentation and training. Both propose technical support.

4- Of course, OpenESB ROI is far better than the large editor product which often attract their customers with free licenses for 2-3 years and then once they are locked charge them in large and intrusive contracts.
5- Pymma produces a large part of OpenESB new features and we have certainly the best knowledge on the market on the product (It is not my job to do the promotion of our partner Logicoy, but they have good guys as well ;-). Your customers can opt for a partnership to improve and extend their platform.

Success story: Let me give you two examples:

The first is a large governmental organisation in Europe. They have been working with OpenESB for several years and set up a 4 nines availability platform. Moving to the new OpenESB Edition they increase dramatically their performance and reduce their memory footprint by two with the same availability and reliability.

The second use case is a Game online company. They manage around 2 billion of bets every month with OpenESB. moving to the latest OpenESB editions, they divided by 3 the number of server on their platform.

I hope this post will be useful. Feel free to contact me for further information

Re: OpenESB as an Option

AshutoshSingh
Hello Paul,

 I must say this that you don't need to give your introduction as you are everywhere in the OpenESB community :).
Thanks for taking out some time and replying to my points and sharing the stats and success stories.

This really helps.

Regards,
Ashutosh