Quantcast

OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Dear all,

what's the trick to move OpenESB SE's admin interface (port 4848) from HTTP to HTTPS?

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

param.singh
Quick trick could be with apache http server proxy. Configure apache with HTTPS and forward all your request for admin interface (give some pattern in URL www.xyz.com/openesbAdmin) to localhost:4848 and serve your request.

Param

what's the trick to move OpenESB SE's admin interface (port 4848) from HTTP to HTTPS?

Cheers
 Stefan

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/OpenESB-SE-Admin-interface-via-HTTPS-tp7581598.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML
Param
Logicoy Inc.

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Hi there Param,

well, yes, a reverse proxy is certainly a possible approach. But as we're talking about the ESB's *administration* interface, I'd hope for something more immediate, if possible. Apart from that, the standalone's USP is its small footprint. Too bad, if I have to put a proxy in front just do screen port 4848. But still thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Hi Stefan,

I've started something here: https://bitbucket.org/openesb/openesb-standalone/commits/a0f413a5bd5986cc9518aa78c89815220982d7dd

You just have to configure your openesb.yaml to enable HTTPS support and provide keystore / trustore configuration.

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Ah, David, always there to help! :-D

Just for clarification: that's trunk and means checking out & building openesb-latest, right?

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Hah, you were faster than me by a few seconds! Finished building the package this very moment and now half way through creating the keystore. :-D

Cheers & thanks
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
This post was updated on .
First observations:

1) The code apparently does not resolve variables in openesb.yaml. I had to use absolute paths in https.keystore.file and https.truststore.file for this to open a valid HTTPS port.

2) The change is not yet supported by the web frontend. While the login page opens and I can successfully log in, I get the following errror message:

"Instance not available

Could not contact OpenESB instance at http://openesb:4848/openesb/api. Please ensure that OpenESB is reachable from your system."

Seems we'll have to make the frontend respect the https.enabled flag. Next question then will be, how "oeadmin" deals with the change, but nevertheless we're on the right track, I'd say! :-)

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Ok, so I've fix variable resolution.

Also, it must be good also for webui. If you can have a try it would be great.
I don't have time to make more test, sorry for that :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnzwdgr80tki8dc/openesb-standalone-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
No worries, I can do the testing. :-)

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Have you checked in your latest changes? I have 'git pulled' and built the source but still geht the 'instance not available' error. The variable substitution works, though. So, thanks already for this part of the fix. :-)

Cheers
 Stefan.

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Well, I've pulled the latest changes, built a new revision and tested again. I made sure I flushed the browser cache but I still get the 'instance not available' error. This is true for oeadmin.sh, too, by the way. Seems as if there is something still missing...

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Stefan Müller-Wilken
Woah! Just saw, that your changes do not belong to the openesb-standalone git project but are part of openesb-web-console. Apparently openesb-standalone frontend is developed in a separate project and then only copied to the openesb-standalone project as a sort of library. I wasn't aware of that.

Cheers
 Stefan

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Hi Stefan,

Is it ok for you ?

Cheers,

RE: OpenESB SE Admin interface via HTTPS

Hello Stefan,

Any update ?