Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Hello Frank

I reply to your last question about the migration from OpenESB v2.2 in a new
post to create a new topic.

My first word is to say that a large part of the OpenESB v2. 2 applications
can be directly transferred to the latest OpenESB 3.05 and the future 3.1.0.
The BPEL, the POJO, the binding components can be transferred without
effort.

The latest version of OpenESB runs without Glassfish or any container (no
Glassfish 4 or JBoss or OSGI). OpenESB runs today directly on Java without
intermediate. Without an application server, means that the JEE stack is not
supported anymore. The JavaEE Service engine is not working anymore, and if
you relied on the EJB in your business processes, you would have to transfer
the Java code to the POJO.

In OpenESB V2.2 the JNDI was supported by the application server. Today,
OpenESB uses a configuration file to get JNDI configurations.

On the other side, OpenESB 3.xx needs less memory and CPU resources. It
starts in a few seconds and does not require any Glassfish knowledge and
administration. OpenESB deployment on the cloud is now easy and look likes
any other Java deployment.

I hope this post gives you an evaluation of the effort to do. Feel free to
contact us for help and support if needed.

Paul

-----
www.pymma.com
The best services on OpenESB

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Migration OpenESB  Glassfish V2.2 to Latest version of OpenESB Glassfish
Hi Paul,
I am new to Glassfish, I am planning to migrate GlassFish ESB 2.2 into the
latest version which is as per my findings
"glassfish4-with-jbi-v4.0.0-b04.zip".
As per your below comments
"The latest version of OpenESB runs without Glassfish or any container (no
Glassfish 4 or JBoss or OSGI).
OpenESB runs today directly on Java without intermediate."
It will be great help if you suggest all the steps on how can we implement
that without Glassfish 4 (or JBoss or OSGI)
Thanks
Firoz

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Migration OpenESB Glassfish V2.2 to Latest version of OpenESB Glassfish Hi Paul, I am new to Glassfish, I am planning to migrate GlassFish OpenESB 2.2 into the latest version please suggest which version is latest/feasible for the same Thanks Firoz
Firoz

Sent from the OpenESB Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Hello Firoz,

I advise you to use the Version 3.0.5 you can download it on the website
open-esb.net
Just a few points.
You can easily transfer the BPEL projects the CASA etc...
You have To REplace the JEE (EJB) project with something else such as the
POJOs or external services.
You must also replace the JNDI configurations defined in the Application
Server by a configuration in the file name context.xml
Last you have to be careful with the transaction support that is different
from the version 2.x
I hope this information will be useful for you

-----
www.pymma.com
The best services on OpenESB

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Hi Paul,
Thank you very much for all your suggestion. Please suggest from where we
can download below JBI component as these components are available at
OpenESB Glassfish V2.2. It will be great if you suggest version of the
Netbeans as well. Can we use Eclipse instead of netbeans if yes then please
share your updates on the same.

JBI
Binding Component
        sun-database-binding
        sun-email-binding
        sun-file-binding
        sun-ftp-binding
        sun-http-binding
        sun-jms-binding
        sun-ldap-binding
        sun-rest-binding
        sun-scheduler-binding

Service Engine
        sun-bpel-engine
        sun-edm-engine
        sun-javaee-engine
        sun-pojo-engine
        sun-xslt-engine
        sun-wlm-engine

-----
Firoz

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Hi Paul,
1. As per your suggestion I tried with "OpenESB SE V3.0.5" as per below
warning we need to configure jms please suggest if I am wrong
2018-02-11T19:29:09.673-0500 WARNING [com.sun.jbi.framework]
(sun-jms-binding) JBIFW1135 Binding sun-jms-binding cannot be initialized.
The LifeCycle init() method threw a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
exception. The exception message is:
javax/resource/spi/endpoint/MessageEndpointFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/resource/spi/endpoint/MessageEndpointFactory
at com.sun.jbi.jmsbc.JMSBindingComponent.init(JMSBindingComponent.java:248)

2. Also I have tried  glassfish4-with-jbi-v4.0.0-b04.zip the release package
already includes: four components(sun-javaee-engine, sun-bpel-engine,
sun-wlm-engine, sun-http-binding) and three shared libraries
(sun-wsdl-library, sun-wsdl-ext-library, sun-encoder-library)
where we are not getting jms exception. We are getting below messages while
trying to deploy Service Assemblies
[SEVERE] [Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.]]
[WARNING] com.sun.jbi.ui.runtime.verifier.VerifierException: Invalid WSDL
format.]

Please note we have taken binding component and service engins like
databasebc, edmse, emailbc, filebc, ftpbc, jmsbc, ldapbc, pojose, restbc,
schedulerbc, xsltse from  "OpenESB-SE-3.0.5\OE-Components"
Please suggest if we are in right path or what next we have to do.
Thanks
Firoz

-----
Firoz

Re: Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of OpenESB

Hello firoz
Sorry for the delay to reply to you.
Let me reply quickly to the questions asked in your post.
Regarding the jms error, it is explained that you must've put the jms driver in theĀ  classpath of the component. To do it, put the jar files of the driver in libext/"name of your components". As far as I remember ( not from of a machine) you must put the jar files in the directory libext/sun-binding-jms.

For the second point about Openesb for Glassfish, theĀ  community does not support any version of openesb for Glassfish or else.
So we are not able to help you in that case as explained in our previous email.

I hope I reply to your questions

Regards Paul

Sent from TypeApp