Quantcast

Migrate glassfish ESBV2.2 to higer version

Migrate glassfish ESBV2.2 to higer version

RSY Narayan
Hi Team, We are using "glassfishesb-v2.2-installer-linux.sh" (Glassfish ESB version 2.2) in aplication. We have plan for upgrading the application from V2.2 to current stable Glassfish esb version. I searched on internet about highest version but didn't get the full information. I followed following URL for finding the latest version http://www.open-esb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113&Itemid=583 There mentioned "OpenESB Standalone Edition version 3.0.5 is the current version developed and packaged by the community. This download embeds OpenESB standalone Core, OpenESB Studio and OpenESB components does not required any container such as Glassfish." Another site I found Glassfish esb 3.1.2.2 (https://openesb.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ESBCOMP/Glassfish+v3) Could you please help to us what is the current version of glassfish esb available now. Thanks in Advance. Regards, RSY Narayan

Re: Migrate glassfish ESBV2.2 to higer version

Hello Narayan

First we would like to thank you for your interest on OpenESB. It is true that having a clear understanding on OpenESB version and edition could be a challenge and we offer our mea-culpa.

The main idea to understand is how OpenESB evolves. As you certainly know, few years ago, OpenESB was linked with Glassfish OpenESB application server. This association was really Accurate in the 00’s architecture but today, the new architecture based on cloud and virtualisation makes this link obsolete. So the community design and developed a new OpenESB edition named OpenESB Standalone Edition which uses just a JVM to run.

The community support the OpenESB standalone Edition and works for its improvement. There are companies such as Logicoy or Pymma that offers different editions on different platforms. If you decide to keep an application server, I would advise you to contact them to understand their offers. Otherwise, a migration from OpenESB Glassfish to Standalone is easy.

The last OpenESB standalone version is 3.05. 3.06 is in the pipe but not issued yet.
Feel free to ask question and comment