Quantcast

JCAPS and Open-ESB skilled resources in New Zealand

JCAPS and Open-ESB skilled resources in New Zealand

KevanMoran
I have recently started leading the integration effort around a major, and I mean major, IT project in New Zealand.

We are committed to using JCAPS as our integration engine but we are unclear about one topic in particular.

The organisation has used classic JCAPS to date i.e. the old SeeBeyond based stuff. We are about to start a significant set of new developments and we are considering if this is now the time to start using the Open-ESB.

Our issue is this.

Are there people in New Zealand with serious Open-ESB type JCAPS or is every one here still on the older SeeBeyond style?

RE: JCAPS and Open-ESB skilled resources in New Zealand

Frank Kieviet
Administrator
Hi Kevan,

There are at least a few big implementation in NZ, see
https://open-esb.dev.java.net/OrganizationsUsingOpenESB.html. There are
likely more: the list is not complete. Talk to your local Sun (now Oracle?)
contact, and he can probably list more.

HTH,
Frank

Frank Kieviet
OpenESB Community Manager (http://open-esb.org)
Oracle, Monrovia, CA
Tel +1 626 471 6322
Blog: http://frankkieviet.blogspot.com/

We are meeting the local guys Sun/Oracle people on Monday. NZ being such a small place I know them already of course.

At 08:22 p.m. 23/04/2010, you wrote:
Hi Kevan,

There are at least a few big implementation in NZ, see
https://open-esb.dev.java.net/OrganizationsUsingOpenESB.html. There are
likely more: the list is not complete. Talk to your local Sun (now Oracle?)
contact, and he can probably list more.

HTH,
Frank

Frank Kieviet
OpenESB Community Manager (http://open-esb.org)
Oracle, Monrovia, CA
Tel +1 626 471 6322
Blog: http://frankkieviet.blogspot.com/

Hi Kevan

Just few words to reply to your question.

Below, I list some JBI based projects we worked (are working) or collaborated (are collaborating) on, this year.

Sorry, but I did not get any authorisation to disclose any name.

Some projects are in development and some still in production.

- Project for EEC organisation: Integration and synchronisation of document repositories. The feedback of the development team  laid stress on the capability of the product. "when you understand how the product works and workaround  some bugs, the product is very easy and powerful"

- Governmental health organisation is moving to JBI Architecture through JCAPS and large projects are starting.

- One of the largest UK logistic company started this year a migration from a commercial ESB to Open-ESB for very large product.

- Still in UK, a big on-line selling company is moving from JCAPS Repository to JBI Architecture. All the POC, Benchmarks made by the company  demonstrate scalability and wonderful response time.

- Moreover recently, a financial company told us that they choose Open-ESB because "they developed in one day more than in one week with the other competitors".

Through these examples and regarding development teams feedback that confirm how Open-ESB is easy to use and powerful we advice you to start developments on JBI Architecture (Open-ESB part of JCAPS)

Please let me know if this is useful for you

Paul Perez
www.pymma.com