Quantcast

Installation of database binding component fails

Installation of database binding component fails

tbeuser
Hello,

I'm trying to install the database binding component in OpenESB v2.3.1. It fails with the following error:

Fail execution of installComponent .... Installation of Binding sun-database-binding failed. The bootstrap init() mehtod threw a java.util.MissingResourceException exception. The exception message is: Can't find org.glassfish.openesb.databasebc.bootstrap.messages.Bundle bundle ERROR: (UNKNOWN) Can't find org.glassfish.openesb.databasebc.bootstrap.messages.Bundle bundle.

I appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thank

Re: Installation of database binding component fails

Hello tbeuser,

Please share your server.log to understand better your issue.
Thanks a lot !

Re: Installation of database binding component fails

tbeuser
I have work around for this issue.  I re-installed OpenESB and noticed that the database bc was installed with the base installation but later it was removed. This is what I did:

1. Installed  OpenESB
2. Configure as a windows service using GlassfishSvc.jar
3. Start the new configured service
4. Login into the Glassfish admin console
5. At this point I noticed that the database bc directory was removed from the domain1 jbi directory.
    It seems as though logging into the admin console was the trigger as that was when the bc was deleted.

To prevent the database bc from being deleted I repeated the steps above but I installed a couple of caps project before logging into the admin console.

 I only needed to install the database bc component because I assumed it wasn't being installed. Apparently it was installed but then deleted. The workaround prevent it from being deleted.

Thanks