How to get a quick answer on this forum

Hello All,

When an issue occurs when you use OpenESB, you write a question on this forum and ask for prompt help. You certainly expect a quick answer, but very few of you know how to ask a question in this kind of forum.

Many of you ask a question in this format:
- I got this error number 1234 could you help me
- OpenESB stops could you tell me what happens
.

If you ask this kind question, you will not get an answer since you don’t provide us with information and then we are not able to help you.

I take the opportunity of this post to copy the process proposed in the OpenESB web site.

OpenESB community support is equivalent to other community support and is provided through OpenESB Nabble Forum and issue tracker

If you face an issue or a bug using OpenESB we propose you the following process:

Go to OpenESB forum: OpenESB forum contains thousands discussion on OpenEBS. You could find information on the issue you experiment.

You don’t find a solution for your issue

a.       If you face a design problem, send a post on the forum (you have to be registered. To get a quicker answer, please provide the community with a maximum of information.  Remember that a simple description with a graphic is often more understandable than 10 pages of text.

b.      If you face a bug, first denature your problem. Try to find the same issue in a minimal context. Design and develop a tiny project where the bug appears. This will confirm the bug exists in OpenESB and be helpful to understand it. This will be useful for the people who want to help you too. They will be more efficient  and not clutter up by functional development and constraints lined to your project. Then, record the bug in the Issue tracker and send a message to the OpenESB forum for a temporary workaround. In both cases, attach your tiny project with you post. Don’t forget to provide us with basic information about your environment :
-  OpenESB Version
-  Platform: OS-Memory
-  JDK version JVM parameters
-  Logs if possible in the finest mode

Without this work from your side, we will not be stimulate to reply to you and  will not able to provide you with a prompt answer.

Enjoy OpenESB