Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

Frans Thamura-3
hi all

can anyone explain the Glasfish Container and Glassfish ESB (OpenESB)
container, how they stand?
can we share those server in one container, anyone know how to share
the resource.

i think servlet container and esb container must be 2 container that
cannot share resource

CMIIw

Frans Thamura
Meruvian. Java and Enterprise OSS

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

We provide services to migrate your apps to Java (web), in amazing
fast and reliable.

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

Mark S White
Not sure exactly what you're asking, but GlassFish ESB is built on top
of GlassFish. So
with GlassFish ESB you are getting everything that is in GlassFish, plus
the ESB container
as well, which runs inside of GlassFish.

--
OpenESB Community (http://open-esb.org)
Check out my blog (http://blogs.sun.com/mwhite)

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

Frans Thamura-3
i have a project run on JavaEE, and can run on Glassfish

now i want to become SOAP Producer, and i am thinking to make it one container

so i am thinking to add OpenESB inside.

the apps using Spring, Hibernate and Struts2,

any idea?

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Mark S White<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure exactly what you're asking, but GlassFish ESB is built on top of
> GlassFish. So
> with GlassFish ESB you are getting everything that is in GlassFish, plus the
> ESB container
> as well, which runs inside of GlassFish.
>
> Frans Thamura wrote:
>>
>> hi all
>>
>> can anyone explain the Glasfish Container and Glassfish ESB (OpenESB)
>> container, how they stand?
>> can we share those server in one container, anyone know how to share
>> the resource.
>>
>> i think servlet container and esb container must be 2 container that
>> cannot share resource
>>
>> CMIIw
>>

> --
> OpenESB Community (http://open-esb.org)
> Check out my blog (http://blogs.sun.com/mwhite)

Frans Thamura
Meruvian. Java and Enterprise OSS

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

We provide services to migrate your apps to Java (web), in amazing
fast and reliable.

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

SherryWeng
The ESB part is implemented based on the JBI specification. Pluggability
is one of its strengths and it can also run on other app servers and
Java SE. GlassFish ESB is a release which integrates the ESB container
with GlassFish so that it takes advantage of the libraries and resources
in GlassFish.  Because of the integration, the ESB container has access
to various resources in the appserver, but looks like you're mainly
interested in the resources in the JSR 109 container (i.e. EJBs,
servlets etc.).

There is a difference, however, between JSR 109 provided webservices and
services implemented in ESB. The former is completely within the app
server itself running on the HTTP listener port GlassFish manages;
OpenESB (web)services are handled by this HTTP binding component which
runs in the ESB container and manages the services on its own listener
port. It also "talks" to other JBI based components within the ESB
container to carry out the chain of service invocations based on the
application/business logic.  Although both service providers use similar
underlying stacks, they are different. What may be important for you is
that certain resources in the EE container would not be automatically
loaded or available in the ESB container.

If you have built a EE based service, and would like to have it work
with OpenESB components, there is a JavaEE Service Engine which acts as
a bridge between the two containers if you will. We have many use cases
which require the direct (in-memory) communication between EJBs and ESB
components (e.g. BPEL).  Here is a decent blog on this if you'd like to
check it out: http://blogs.sun.com/jason/entry/routing_with_ejbs

HTH
--Sherry

Frans Thamura wrote:

> i have a project run on JavaEE, and can run on Glassfish
>
> now i want to become SOAP Producer, and i am thinking to make it one container
>
> so i am thinking to add OpenESB inside.
>
> the apps using Spring, Hibernate and Struts2,
>
> any idea?

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Mark S White<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Not sure exactly what you're asking, but GlassFish ESB is built on top of
>> GlassFish. So
>> with GlassFish ESB you are getting everything that is in GlassFish, plus the
>> ESB container
>> as well, which runs inside of GlassFish.
>>
>> Frans Thamura wrote:
>>
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> can anyone explain the Glasfish Container and Glassfish ESB (OpenESB)
>>> container, how they stand?
>>> can we share those server in one container, anyone know how to share
>>> the resource.
>>>
>>> i think servlet container and esb container must be 2 container that
>>> cannot share resource
>>>
>>> CMIIw
>>>

>> --
>> OpenESB Community (http://open-esb.org)
>> Check out my blog (http://blogs.sun.com/mwhite)

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

Frans Thamura-3
thx . My idea to make simple composite from soa producer and combine
the services by bpel and the output are new soa and an html web. My
opinion make 2 app inside one container for html and new soa. Which
the sources are same.

On 6/27/09, Sherry Weng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The ESB part is implemented based on the JBI specification. Pluggability
> is one of its strengths and it can also run on other app servers and
> Java SE. GlassFish ESB is a release which integrates the ESB container
> with GlassFish so that it takes advantage of the libraries and resources
> in GlassFish.  Because of the integration, the ESB container has access
> to various resources in the appserver, but looks like you're mainly
> interested in the resources in the JSR 109 container (i.e. EJBs,
> servlets etc.).
>
> There is a difference, however, between JSR 109 provided webservices and
> services implemented in ESB. The former is completely within the app
> server itself running on the HTTP listener port GlassFish manages;
> OpenESB (web)services are handled by this HTTP binding component which
> runs in the ESB container and manages the services on its own listener
> port. It also "talks" to other JBI based components within the ESB
> container to carry out the chain of service invocations based on the
> application/business logic.  Although both service providers use similar
> underlying stacks, they are different. What may be important for you is
> that certain resources in the EE container would not be automatically
> loaded or available in the ESB container.
>
> If you have built a EE based service, and would like to have it work
> with OpenESB components, there is a JavaEE Service Engine which acts as
> a bridge between the two containers if you will. We have many use cases
> which require the direct (in-memory) communication between EJBs and ESB
> components (e.g. BPEL).  Here is a decent blog on this if you'd like to
> check it out: http://blogs.sun.com/jason/entry/routing_with_ejbs
>
> HTH
> --Sherry
>

> Frans Thamura wrote:
>> i have a project run on JavaEE, and can run on Glassfish
>>
>> now i want to become SOAP Producer, and i am thinking to make it one
>> container
>>
>> so i am thinking to add OpenESB inside.
>>
>> the apps using Spring, Hibernate and Struts2,
>>
>> any idea?

>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Mark S White<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure exactly what you're asking, but GlassFish ESB is built on top of
>>> GlassFish. So
>>> with GlassFish ESB you are getting everything that is in GlassFish, plus
>>> the
>>> ESB container
>>> as well, which runs inside of GlassFish.

>>> --
>>> OpenESB Community (http://open-esb.org)
>>> Check out my blog (http://blogs.sun.com/mwhite)

Frans Thamura
Meruvian. Java and Enterprise OSS

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

We provide services to migrate your apps to Java (web), in amazing
fast and reliable.

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

I am looking for OpenESB V2.2 migration into latest version Please share your
inputs on the same as which version is good and why or what will be the
challenges we will be facing. Thanks

Re: Glassfish and Glassfish ESB

Hello Frank

Please see the post Migration OpenESB Glassfish 2.x to the latest version of
OpenESB  as a response

Paul

-----
www.pymma.com