Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Nikhil
Hi ,

I have installed the OpenEsb Standalone 3 on .
Garbage collection time is too high. Due this GC suspension ,Garbage
collector CPU is 93% and total CPU utilization is 96% on the server, PS OLD
GEN Memory is full.

Please tell us how to resolveit and how to set Garbage collection parameter
in OpenESB standalone 3.

Thanks ,
Nikhil

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Hello Nikhil

Please could you detail on Which configuration you run OpenESB
Java Version
OS
Memory size ....

That would be useful to help you

Best regards

Paul Perez Chief Architect
Pymma Consulting
--------------------------
Tel: +44 79 44 36 04 65

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Nikhil
Hi paul,

We are using java version "1.8.0_161". OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 7.4 (Maipo).
Memory of server is 15 GB . we do not know to specify Xmx and xms value in
OpenESB 3.
would you please explain which file we can specify the min and max value and
garbage parameter .

Thank for replying.

Thanks ,
Nikhil

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

martin.bakker
Hi Nikil,

did you try to add them to JAVA_OPS in openesb.sh ?

kr Martin

-----------------------------
CED-Groep
Dwerggras 30
3068 PC  Rotterdam
Postadres:
Postbus 8639
3009 AP  Rotterdam
Telefoon: 010 4071599
Fax: 010 4202227
http://www.cedgroep.nl
-----------------------------

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Nikhil
Hi Martin,

No , even i am thinking the same.
But syntax not know to to specify.
would you please helping me out  for syntax how to specify  in JAVA_OPS.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Can you tell us a bit more about the conIext?

ex: Do you have lots of iterations over the same scope or lots of iteration over a scope that carries onEvent handlers?

Regards

Yoram

On 5 July 2018 at 13:07, paul.perez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nikhil

Did you use the the configuration per default.
If you use the Bpel engine for your application, the Bpel take from the beginning a large part of the memory even for few messages.

More information what is your target in term of invocation

Mainly Openesb users set their jvm between 2 to 8 GB regarding the performance they wants to reach.

Ppe

On 5 Jul 2018 at 09:15, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi paul,

We are using java version "1.8.0_161". OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 7.4 (Maipo).
Memory of server is 15 GB . we do not know to specify Xmx and xms value in
OpenESB 3.
would you please explain which file we can specify the min and max value and
garbage parameter .

Thank for replying.

Thanks ,
Nikhil

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Can you tell us a bit more about the context?

ex: Do you have lots of iterations over the same scope or lots of iteration
over a scope that carries onEvent handlers?

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Also can you post your logs?

Re: Garbage collection setting OpenESB 3

Nikhil
Hi ,

Thanks all for helping me out.
I just change in openesb.sh file.

for GC i have add UseConcMarkSweepGC  parameter given below.
$JAVA" $JAVA_OPTS \
        -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
        -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-Xloggc:/home/glassfish_user/OpenESB-SE-3.0.5/OE-
           Instance4/logs/gc.log \

Hope it work..

Thanks,
Nikhil