Forwarding to answer on users@open-esb.dev.java.net Re: WLMSE for PoC in October

Mei Wu-2
HI, Christof,

I'm forwarding to a broader audience.

Good that it now works.

>>When designing a WorkList App the handling of tasks after checkout is defined by an xhtml page that is generated. Customer is interested to add additional data on this page.
Assume the user has to approve an order consisting of an product refered with an productID. The description is not part of the xml message type passed along the workflow.
How can a product description or additional data from a database be displayed on the page?

Mei: As the default work list app deals with the input/output data of the task,  I think the additional information coming from elsewhere (like database) can be set on the input of the task by the BPEL, i.e. use BPEL to invoke any service to collect data and assign it to the task along with other info, do you think
this is a viable solution? Otherwise, I think if this worklist application is only used for one type of task, you may directly bypass xform and make JSP gather data from DB, but it looks to me not as neat as using SQLSE from bpel.

>> Can the xhtml page be mixed with other web technics: jsp tags, ...?

Mei: XHTM and XFORM can not be mixed with JSP tags, but JSP (or servlet) produces Xforms. The Xhtml page the worklist project produces is printed out by the JSP page of the worklist client application, so rather than embedding JSP tags in xhml page, you may look at the do something at the JSP that reads and outputs the xhtml. If the JSP tags are specific to a type of task, then xform may be by passed altogether (see web/xforms-jsp/taskDetails.jsp)

>>Is there a way to delegate the approval decision to an external web application as in wlm 5.x?
Mei:Yes, you can invoke a web service for the approval decision, in fact, the human task is itself a web service and you can implement it using any technology, please look at the invoke to wlm module from bpel, it is a normal 2 way invoke.
Currently, the worklist client app is just a beta, there are significant changes to be made on usability side.

Thanks
Mei

Christof Strack wrote:
Hi Mei,

it now works as requested.

One more question:
When designing a WorkList App the handling of tasks after checkout is defined by an xhtml page that is generated. Customer is interested to add additional data on this page.
Assume the user has to approve an order consisting of an product refered with an productID. The description is not part of the xml message type passed along the workflow.
How can a product description or additional data from a database be displayed on the page?

Can the xhtml page be mixed with other web technics: jsp tags, ...?
Is there a way to delegate the approval decision to an external web application as in wlm 5.x?

The reason for this question is, that for this customer the approval process is used by upper management and has to offer exellent usability.

--Christof

Mei Wu schrieb:
Hi, Christof,

I realize the problem is actually :
[#|2008-09-01T12:36:38.862+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.xml.ws.mex.client.MetadataClient|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-2;_RequestID=9c40f8da-09f8-4566-9359-4a0866bd4c75;|MEX0008:Failed to parse metadata returned from server at file:/home/mei/work/open-jbi-components/ojc-core/workflowse/sample/WorklistWeb/WorklistWebApplication/web/TaskCommon.wsdl using protocol SOAP_1_2. Continuing attempts.|#]

[#|2008-09-01T12:36:38.862+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.xml.ws.mex.client.MetadataClient|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-2;_RequestID=9c40f8da-09f8-4566-9359-4a0866bd4c75;|MEX0008:Failed to parse metadata returned from server at file:/home/mei/work/open-jbi-components/ojc-core/workflowse/sample/WorklistWeb/WorklistWebApplication/web/TaskCommon.wsdl using protocol SOAP_1_1. Continuing attempts.|#]

[#|2008-09-01T12:36:38.862+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.xml.ws.mex.client.MetadataClient|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-2;_RequestID=9c40f8da-09f8-4566-9359-4a0866bd4c75;|MEX0008:Failed to parse metadata returned from server at file:/home/mei/work/open-jbi-components/ojc-core/workflowse/sample/WorklistWeb/WorklistWebApplication/web/TaskCommon.wsdl/mex using protocol SOAP_1_2. Continuing attempts.|#]

[#|2008-09-01T12:36:38.862+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.xml.ws.mex.client.MetadataClient|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-2;_RequestID=9c40f8da-09f8-4566-9359-4a0866bd4c75;|MEX0008:Failed to parse metadata returned from server at file:/home/mei/work/open-jbi-components/ojc-core/workflowse/sample/WorklistWeb/WorklistWebApplication/web/TaskCommon.wsdl/mex using protocol SOAP_1_1. Continuing attempts.|#]

[#|2008-09-01T12:36:38.925+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-2;_RequestID=9c40f8da-09f8-4566-9359-4a0866bd4c75;|[Fatal Error] :12:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
|#]

The JAX-WS NB plugin has a bug to add physical location of WSDL. I removed the switch manually and saved but this release of the updated version of JAX-WS NB plugin in openESB installer overwrites the file I modified, I will raise an issue for it.
For now, please use the workaround I put in the PDF document :
Section:

Make your own Worklist Manager client application

(2) Note b:

b. Currently, the absolute file path of wsdl file is referenced as –wsdllocation in wsimport when the project is built, this is probably a bug in Web Services plugin, since it will break the portability when the project is moved from environment to environment. A workaround is described below:

Workaround to avoid portability issue associated with absolute file path reference to wsdl file :

Open nbproject/jaxws-build.xml of your web project, find the target wsimport-client-TaskCommon and

remove the wsdlLocation attribute from <wsimport>

Please let me know how it works after you fix the file.

Thanks
Mei

--

Christof Strack             Tel:           +49 6103 752 269
Software Architect          Fax:           +49 6103 752 167

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551
Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028