File BC Dynamic File Name

Chris Buda
I am using the File BC to create files off of an extract process.  The file name needs to be based on a data item sent in the request.  For example.  2345.txt where 2345 is a number identifying the request itself.  Is there any way that this can be done?

Thanks

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Andreas Egloff
Set the file name you want in the normalized message property (NM
Property) org.glassfish.openesb.file.outbound.filename when you invoke
the file bc.
http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FileBCNMProperties
HTH,
Andi

Chris Buda wrote:
> I am using the File BC to create files off of an extract process.  The file
> name needs to be based on a data item sent in the request.  For example.
> 2345.txt where 2345 is a number identifying the request itself.  Is there
> any way that this can be done?
>
> Thanks

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Jim Fu-5
Hi Chris,

this can be achieved using filebc NMproperties, this wiki page contains
some demos showing how to use NM properties in a BPEL through bpel
mapper:
http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=Dynamic_Binding_Using_NM_Props_File_FTP

HTH
--Jim

Chris Buda wrote:
> I am using the File BC to create files off of an extract process.  The file
> name needs to be based on a data item sent in the request.  For example.
> 2345.txt where 2345 is a number identifying the request itself.  Is there
> any way that this can be done?
>
> Thanks

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Chris Buda
I set up an assign step before my file invoke.  In that step I am assigning a file name to Properties/File BC/Outbound/File Name under the Input variable to my File Invoke.  But running, when I get to that step I get the following error, any insight appreciated :

BPCOR-6130:Activity Name is SetupExportFile
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.createVirtualFaultUnit(BPELInterpreter.java:251)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:203)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.BusinessProcessInstanceThread.execute(BusinessProcessInstanceThread.java:98)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELProcessManagerImpl.process(BPELProcessManagerImpl.java:998)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.EngineImpl.process(EngineImpl.java:351)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.EngineImpl.process(EngineImpl.java:1314)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSEInOutThread.processResponse(BPELSEInOutThread.java:530)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSEInOutThread.processMsgEx(BPELSEInOutThread.java:278)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSEInOutThread.run(BPELSEInOutThread.java:191)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.Expression$PointerIterator cannot be cast to com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.WSMessage
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.util.ToExecutorFactory$ToVariableExecutor.executeTo(ToExecutorFactory.java:324)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.CopyUnitImpl.doCopy(CopyUnitImpl.java:72)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.AssignUnitImpl.doAction(AssignUnitImpl.java:287)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.CodeReUseHelper.executeChildActivities(CodeReUseHelper.java:65)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.executeChildActivities(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:193)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.doResumeAction(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:147)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.ActivityUnitImpl.doPassControlToParent(ActivityUnitImpl.java:247)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.InvokeUnitImpl.doAction(InvokeUnitImpl.java:204)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:148)
        ... 7 more

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Jim Fu-5
can you attach your project, and what build is used?

Chris Buda wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.executeChildActivities(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:193)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.doResumeAction(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:147)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.ActivityUnitImpl.doPassControlToParent(ActivityUnitImpl.java:247)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.InvokeUnitImpl.doAction(InvokeUnitImpl.java:204)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:148)

RE: File BC Dynamic File Name

Chris Buda

Using V2 Build 04

Chris

Chris Buda wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.executeChildActivities(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:193)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.StructuredActivityUnitImpl.doResumeAction(StructuredActivityUnitImpl.java:147)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.ActivityUnitImpl.doPassControlToParent(ActivityUnitImpl.java:247)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.InvokeUnitImpl.doAction(InvokeUnitImpl.java:204)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:148)

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

bpelFileCreate.zip (19K) Download Attachment

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Mark S White
We don't have a V2 build 04 that I'm aware of. Where did you download your GlassFish ESB from?

Chris Buda wrote:

Using V2 Build 04

Chris

Chris Buda wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.ActivityUnitImpl.doPassControlToParent(ActivityUnitImpl.java:247)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.InvokeUnitImpl.doAction(InvokeUnitImpl.java:204)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:148)
>         ... 7 more

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Chris,

Attached please find a comp app project which do a ftp down load to the local file system, the local file name actually is dynamically set using the remote FTP target file polled (by leveraging NM properties of both file bc and ftp bc)...

the way file bc NM props are used in this sample is similar to the scenario you are attempting, you might be use the sample as a reference.

Note, this sample is actually a driver tests and there are app vars tokens in the WSDLs, so when you deploy it, define those app vars at the target app server, or alternatively, set those app var tokens with concrete values...

HTH
--Jim

Mark S White wrote:
We don't have a V2 build 04 that I'm aware of. Where did you download your GlassFish ESB from?

Chris Buda wrote:

Using V2 Build 04

Chris

Chris Buda wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.ActivityUnitImpl.doPassControlToParent(ActivityUnitImpl.java:247)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.model.runtime.impl.InvokeUnitImpl.doAction(InvokeUnitImpl.java:204)
>         at
> com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.BPELInterpreter.execute(BPELInterpreter.java:148)
>         ... 7 more

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

DownloadFileKeepRemoteNameApp.zip (50K) Download Attachment

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Chris Buda
For some reason I cannot open this project, causes my Netbeans (6.5.1) to hang.  But from what I can see in the bpel files it looks like you are assigning an input NM property to an output NM property, correct?  I am trying something a little different in taking a string representation of the file name and assign it to the FileName output NM property.

Should this work?

Thanks

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Jim Fu-5
Hi Chris,

your observation is right, in the project attached, the value which is assigned to the file bc outbound NM property "File Name" of the Input Var of the invoked operation is from another message's NM props, as shown below:

however, you could use a literal string (in this case - a file name pattern with UUID embeded)

or the file name value can come from within the message payload itself, etc.

though there should not be any problem to open and build and deploy the attached comp app in a NB65 IDE, upgrade to NB67 should be a smooth process.

BTW, we are using BPEL tooling to compose the NM props assignment, if other SE is used, e.g. POJO SE, then this can be done in a java source editor by calling appropriate setters against the message object.

regards

Jim

Chris Buda wrote:
For some reason I cannot open this project, causes my Netbeans (6.5.1) to
hang.  But from what I can see in the bpel files it looks like you are
assigning an input NM property to an output NM property, correct?  I am
trying something a little different in taking a string representation of the
file name and assign it to the FileName output NM property.

Should this work?

Thanks

RE: File BC Dynamic File Name

Chris Buda

Does the text value assignment work for you?  I cannot get it to work.  Is it possible I need to update my Glassfish build?  If so, how do I tell what build I am on and where do I get updates?

Chris Buda wrote:

For some reason I cannot open this project, causes my Netbeans (6.5.1) to
hang.  But from what I can see in the bpel files it looks like you are
assigning an input NM property to an output NM property, correct?  I am
trying something a little different in taking a string representation of the
file name and assign it to the FileName output NM property.

Should this work?

Thanks

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/File-BC-Dynamic-File-Name-tp3789716p3796662.html
To unsubscribe from Re: File BC Dynamic File Name, click here.

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Re: File BC Dynamic File Name

Mark S White
Your server.log file from GlassFish should show what version of GlassFish you are running. Also
for GlassFish ESB, you can look at the contents of the gfesb.ver file that should be in the "glassfish"
directory of your installation. The definitive place for GlassFish ESB builds is
https://open-esb.dev.java.net/Downloads.html