Quantcast

FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

Akshay
Hello All,

I have tried developing the simple FTP to FTP file transfer project using OpenESB but not able to get it working. I have done all the necessary steps to do the same but unable to find the exact issue.

I have attached my sample BPEL process and Composite application, after deploying this application and adding the required file into FTP input directory, nothing is happening, also file is not being picked up for transfer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
AkshayFTP.zip

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

This post was updated on .
Hello Akshay

I read your project and tried to run it. Everything was good except a configuration of the connection to the FTP Server.
it is midnight in London and a bit late to reply in detail.
If you are on rush, try to use the mode transfering and not messaging it must work with the configuration you used.
It is not a bug from FTP BC but a lack in the documentation. We will complete it asap.

Please send me a feedback

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

Akshay
Hello Paul,

Would you please let me know where I can change this option ?

Regards,
Akshay

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

Akshay
Hello Paul,

I tried to change the ftp:message to ftp:transfer in both of my FTP wsdl's for In and out

Below is the code snippet for In wsdl and out wsdl,
receiveInputFTP :
 <input name="input1">
                <ftp:transfer receiveFrom="input/Delivery%d.xml" use="literal" pollIntervalMillis="10000" />
            </input>

receiveOutputFTP :
 <input name="input1">
                <ftp:transfer sendTo="output/output%d.xml" use="literal" />
            </input>

after deploying this change I could see errors in console as below,
2016-04-01T13:15:18.328+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.InboundMessageProcessor] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) FTPBC-R004001: Endpoint service name is [{http://j2ee.netbeans.org/wsdl/FTP_BC/src/receiveInputFTP}InboundOneWayMessagingService] and endpoint name is [receiveInputFTP_InboundOneWayMessagingPort].
2016-04-01T13:15:18.330+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.InboundMessageProcessor] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) ================ Start Recovery =======================
2016-04-01T13:15:18.330+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.InboundMessageProcessor] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) ================ End Recovery : no inbound staging turned on - no need to do recovery =======================
2016-04-01T13:15:18.522+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.ftp.FtpHeuristics] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) FTPBC-D006034: in [parseALine(String aLine)] : An invalid line [04-28-15  02:26PM                 1141 Delivery1.xml] - without Minimum Number of Tokens
2016-04-01T13:15:28.550+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.ftp.FtpHeuristics] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) FTPBC-D006034: in [parseALine(String aLine)] : An invalid line [04-28-15  02:26PM                 1141 Delivery1.xml] - without Minimum Number of Tokens
2016-04-01T13:15:38.558+0530 INFO [sun-ftp-binding.com.sun.jbi.ftpbc.ftp.FtpHeuristics] (ftpbc-ib-Thread-1211) FTPBC-D006034: in [parseALine(String aLine)] : An invalid line [04-28-15  02:26PM                 1141 Delivery1.xml] - without Minimum Number of Tokens

Would you please let me know, what else needs to be done.

Regards,
Akshay

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

 Akshay

I will try to explain you very quickly what is missing in the doc.
When you use the FTP BC in the messaging mode (as written in the documentation) FTP BC use the directory you define as a base  directory and 4 sub directories. They are inbox, instage, outbox and Outstage. I had no time to check if you have to create them or not. For my Test I created the inbox before starting the test.

Then since you can have many Binding using the same directory, FTP BC offers you to read just the files present in base directory/inbox only when they start by a predefined prefix. It is the element named "Message prefix element". All these details are described in the FTP documentation.
Nevertheless, something is missing in the documentation: By default the request prefix is not empty but equals to "req." in the same way the default response prefix is "resp."

So if you want to transfer a file  from you server, you have to define a directory inbox in your base directory. It can be the one defined by your FTP profile or the subdirectory defined in your WSDL configuration. Ex: Imagine your FTP admin gives you rights on c:\ftp and you define in your WSDL "Akshay" as message Repository parameter.

 In the messaging mode, You have to create the directory c:\ftp\akshay\inbox.

Then if your file is name hello.txt has to be named by default req.hello.txt

And it works.  It is a bit complex but the Idea is to provide a service behaviour to the FTP binding. Read the documentation on FTP binding it will become clearer.

I hope it will be useful for you

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

Akshay
Hello Paul,

To give you a clear picture, I have created a small document with screen shots, if possible please look to it, i think the issue is with naming conventions in the FTP properties.

Regards,
Akshay

FTP_Configuration.doc

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

Akshay
Hello,

Can anyone guide me on which are the properties needs to be corrected or changed based on the configuration document I uploaded previously. Based on the console output I think it may be some naming convention probelm but could not able to locate exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay

Re: FTP to FTP Filetransfer in OpenESB

nheron
Administrator
Hello,
OpenESB is a community project. So it is a best effort strategy. If someone is available, he will answer you.
If you want guarantied answer, You will have to take professional services and/or support services
Regards
Nicolas

Hello,

Can anyone guide me on which are the properties needs to be corrected or changed based on the configuration document I uploaded previously. Based on the console output I think it may be some naming convention probelm but could not able to locate exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/FTP-to-FTP-Filetransfer-in-OpenESB-tp7581246p7581263.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML