Excel file reading

Akshay
Hello Folks,

I have just downloaded OpenESB application and trying to develop some basic interface with the help of inbuilt functionality. I need to read Excel file and convert it to the XML output, will it be possible to read Excel in OpenESB ? does anybody configured such requirement using OpenESB ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay

Re: Excel file reading

Hello Akshay

First I would like to thank you for your interest on OpenESB.
could you give a bit more detail and explain the process you want to implement with OpenESB

Re: Excel file reading

Akshay

Hello Paul,

My requirement is, I have excel file with certain columns, and I need to convert that excel file containing data into corresponding XML file into some folder, will it be possible to do that ? Can you just guide me over this.

Regards,
Akshay

On Mar 22, 2016 12:08 AM, "Paul Perez [via OpenESB Community Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Akshay

First I would like to thank you for your interest on OpenESB.
could you give a bit more detail and explain the process you want to implement with OpenESB

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581232.html
To unsubscribe from Excel file reading, click here.
NAML

RE: Excel file reading

param.singh

Use pojo se..

Use apache poi to read or convert to xml. I guess excel reading from openesb component is not possible. Build simple pojo se class and use in composite applications..

Param
My requirement is, I have excel file with certain columns, and I need to convert that excel file containing data into corresponding XML file into some folder, will it be possible to do that ? Can you just guide me over this.
Regards,
Akshay
On Mar 22, 2016 12:08 AM, "Paul Perez [via OpenESB Community Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Akshay

First I would like to thank you for your interest on OpenESB.
could you give a bit more detail and explain the process you want to implement with OpenESB

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581232.html
To unsubscribe from Excel file reading, click here.
NAML

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581233.html
To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML
Param
Logicoy Inc.

RE: Excel file reading

Akshay

Hello Param,

Do you have any example for this in order to simulate.
Actually I have my standalone Jar file which does this job of converting Excel to XML using Apache POI, but I need to do this using OpenESB functionality, so would you please guide on this.

Regards,
Akshay

On Mar 22, 2016 1:32 AM, "param.singh [via OpenESB Community Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581234.html
To unsubscribe from Excel file reading, click here.
NAML

Re: Excel file reading

Hello Askay

I will suggest a simple way for your issue. If it is not convenient we will try another one.
1- With excel, save your excel file into a CSV format.
2 by using an encoder in your schema you can easily transform your CSV records to XML.
To do it you can download the tutorial Import legacy data with Open-ESB: CSV file from the website open-esb.net.
the tutorial can be found here: http://open-esb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=480

I hope it is useful for you

Re: Excel file reading

Akshay

Hello Paul,

My use case is only to deal with Excel file but no CSV.

Regards,
Akshay

On Mar 22, 2016 2:53 AM, "Paul Perez [via OpenESB Community Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Askay

I will suggest a simple way for your issue. If it is not convenient we will try another one.
1- With excel, save your excel file into a CSV format.
2 by using an encoder in your schema you can easily transform your CSV records to XML.
To do it you can download the tutorial Import legacy data with Open-ESB: CSV file from the website open-esb.net.
the tutorial can be found here: http://open-esb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=480

I hope it is useful for you

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581236.html
To unsubscribe from Excel file reading, click here.
NAML

Re: Excel file reading

Before importing your file in OE use excel to convert it
that makes sense?

PPe

Re: Excel file reading

Akshay

Hello Paul,

You mean changing the extension in ESB ? And then proceed ?

Regards,
Akshay

On Mar 22, 2016 3:00 AM, "Paul Perez [via OpenESB Community Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Before importing your file in OE use excel to convert it
that makes sense?

PPe

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581238.html
To unsubscribe from Excel file reading, click here.
NAML

Re: Excel file reading

Hi Akshay

No: First you have to transform you file in the XSL format to a CSV format. To do it you can use excel itself (Natively Excel can read and write CSV file too) or you can use one of the utility you can find on Internet.
Once you have your file in the CSV format (Not just a change of extension), OpenESB File Binding component is able to read it and transform each of your record in a OpenESB message. Please have a look on the tutorial I talk about.
So to summarize:
1- transform your document in CSV file (You can also "save as" your excel sheet to csv as weel)
2- Read the tutorial and learn how to use the encoder in OpenESB
3- enjoy it

Re: Excel file reading

Akshay

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Now I have CSV file ready with me, I need to just read the file using Open ESB and transform into XML to some destination folder.

I tried to access above link but link is not available, would you attached the tutorial here or can you mail it to me at [hidden email]

Regards,
Akshay

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Excel-file-reading-tp7581231p7581240.html