Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

Raj

Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

Raj
Hello,

We are using Open ESB latest build for our internal development purpose to conduct some POC's.

Open ESB : 3.0.5
JDK : 1.7
Platform : Windows

One of the situation we came across is that, we need to have Open ESB running with multi-instance scalability mode in the current version but we do not find any of the documentation or reference links to configure the same.
While researching we found that older version of Open ESB with Glass fish 2.x server supports all the functionality of clustering and scalable configuration and we need the same for existing Open ESB build.

Would anyone please let me know on this in case of any reference for same.

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Raj

RE: Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

vishnu.piskala

Hi

We use OpenESB Standalone in multi-instance mode to provide high availability and scalability. You may write scripts to manage and administer these instances.

LogiCoy has developed Enterprise Admin Console which lets you aggregate the standalone instances into a cluster and manage, administer and monitor them. Please contact [hidden email] if you need any info on Enterprise Admin Console.

Regards

Vishnu

www.logicoy.com

We are using Open ESB latest build for our internal development purpose to conduct some POC's.

Open ESB : 3.0.5
JDK : 1.7
Platform : Windows

One of the situation we came across is that, we need to have Open ESB running with multi-instance scalability mode in the current version but we do not find any of the documentation or reference links to configure the same.
While researching we found that older version of Open ESB with Glass fish 2.x server supports all the functionality of clustering and scalable configuration and we need the same for existing Open ESB build.

Would anyone please let me know on this in case of any reference for same.

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Raj

http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/Configuring-Open-ESB-3-0-5-on-scalability-mode-tp7581299.html

To start a new topic under OpenESB Community Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenESB Community Forum, click here.
NAML

Raj

RE: Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

Raj
Hi Vishnu,
 We want to configure 2 servers one is active mode and other is passive mode and If the active mode  server fails due to any reason then all the pending transaction redirect to other server (Passive mode server).

Please let me know  whether you have configure same multi Instance scenario.

Thanks,
Raj

RE: Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

vishnu.piskala

Hi

You can configure the active/passive mode in load balancer itself so that your requests are redirected to another server if one of them fails. But the transactions cannot be redirected. The standalone instances you start don’t share the transaction context with each other. By using BPEL SE’s persistence mechanism you can overcome the failover partially. But not all the components support this mechanism.

Regards

Vishnu

www.logicoy.com

Raj

RE: Configuring Open ESB 3.0.5 on scalability mode

Raj
Hi All,
 Can anyone share the document which contains information of  configuration of  standalone server with load balancer. We are unable to find documentation in this community so we are not sure, how to configure two standalone servers with load balancer.
  Thanks in advance!!

Thanks,
Raj