BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

I'm trying to set up Bpel Persistence and clustering with latest OpenESB SE
and Postgres and I'm getting errors.
Does anyone has complete instructions and/or tried it on the new SE version?
Version is "OpenESB-SE-3.1.2.3-a"
Thanks in advance.

2019-03-08T09:30:01.393-0600 INFO [com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSELifeCycle]
(sun-bpel-engine) BPJBI-5002: Starting BPEL service engine
2019-03-08T09:30:01.396-0600 WARNING [com.sun.jbi.framework]
(sun-bpel-engine) JBIFW1147: Engine sun-bpel-engine cannot be started. The
LifeCycle start() method threw a java.lang.RuntimeException exception. The
exception message is: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.naming.NamingContext cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.naming.NamingContext cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource
        at
com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.EngineImpl.preStart(EngineImpl.java:1474)
        at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSELifeCycle.start(BPELSELifeCycle.java:241)
        at
com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.startComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1791)
        at
com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.startComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1734)
        at
com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentOperation.process(ComponentOperation.java:232)
        at com.sun.jbi.framework.Operation.run(Operation.java:104)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.naming.NamingContext
cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource
        at
com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.connection.DBConnectionFactory.<init>(DBConnectionFactory.java:138)
        at
com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.core.bpel.engine.impl.EngineImpl.preStart(EngineImpl.java:1405)
        ... 6 more

Attached is the context.xml, openesb.yaml

openesb.yaml
<http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/file/t56760/openesb.yaml>
context.xml
<http://openesb-community-forum.794670.n2.nabble.com/file/t56760/context.xml>

Re: BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

Hello

could you send us a simplified project that generated the bug.

-----
www.pymma.com
The best services on OpenESB

Re: BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Hi Paul, I'm doing well, thanks for asking.
I'm trying to get BPEL persistence on and with it the monitoring.
I'm primarily looking for the monitoring data for further analysis and troubleshooting.
If I can get persistence up and running,  I would like to try clustering with 2 openesb instances for failover.
I hope I configured it right on context.xml and openesb.yaml. Turning bpel persistence on bpel component and restarting openesb it fails.
Postgres driver installed on  lib/ext path.
There is no CA deployed.
I was expecting  openesb se  to come up and create postgres tables but it fails before that.
I was wondering if someone has tried it successfully (with postgres) and share information on how to configure openesb se.

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Paul Perez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

could you send us a simplified project that generated the bug.

-----
www.pymma.com
The best services on OpenESB

Teodoro Pfeiffer | USA: 281.748.5795

Re: BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

I see in context.xml that you are using the class
org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource  for both the XA and non XA
datasources. IIRC, the XA datasource needs class
org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource

Dave

Re: BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list
Thanks Dave. Changing XA datasource to org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource didn't work.
For some reason it doesn't work with XA at all. Maybe it's my postgres driver.

Although with few changes on context.ml I was able to start openesb and get tables created and some poulated after running a test.

I have persistence and monitoring enable on the bpelse component although none monitoring related tables are being populated.

It's populating crmp, engine, lastcheckpoint, scope, serviceUnit, simplevariable, state and variable.

Any suggestions to where to look why monitoring is not creating data ?

Hi,

context.xml (7K) Download Attachment

Re: BPEL Persistence and cluster set up

OpenESB Community Forum mailing list

Hi Teodoro,

If the class is present in the JDBC driver you should be able to find it easily enough – opening the jar file in an archive tool (such as 7-Zip) lets you browse it, but you can always unzip it (jars are just zips, after all) and hunt it down.

That said, however, there is a good chance you won’t need XA – most of the world is not XA, after all.

Dave.